Automatic transmission oil change near Tallinn

For English speaking users
Vasta
davemiller
Huviline

Automatic transmission oil change near Tallinn

Postitus Postitas davemiller »

I'm looking for recommendations for companies that are specialized in or do good work related to automatic transmission gearbox oil changes near Tallinn. I have E91LCI 320da with its original ZF 6HP gearbox. All recommendations are welcome!
Kasutaja avatar
MartinVä
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: BMW 316Coupe

Re: Automatic transmission oil change near Tallinn

Postitus Postitas MartinVä »

If money is not the problem, I would recommend Estonian BMW dealership - United Motors. Its on the outskirts of Tallinn.
Paldiski mnt 108, 13522 Tallinn
coley
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: BMW

Postitus Postitas coley »

I service my E91 330xd at BM Auto and strongly recommend it for any BMW service issues.
http://www.bmauto.ee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another place is in Kadrina which is unfortunately about 80km from Tallinn but they are specializing in automatic gearbox maintenance and repairs for BMW, MB, VAG & etc cars They conduct Dynamic Oil change which means they clean the gearbox before the oil change from the inside and then pump clean oil into the gearbox from one end until the same clean oil starts coming out from the other end - making sure that any old oil residue is washed away in the process. This is a bit pricy but this is again something that can help ensure a long life for all the internals of the gearbox. From my experience - the drive is worth it, the process takes about 2-3 hours and you can take a nice walk in the Estonian countryside meanwhile (weather permitting) or just enjoy some Top Gear magazines, coffee and biscuits in their office. The guys there are very friendly and professional and will gladly answer any questions you should have regarding the process and the break-in procedure afterwards.
http://www.hobenool.ee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit: Here's a few pictures of my E91 at Hõbenool getting the dynamic gearbox oil change.
viewtopic.php?p=14888112#p14888112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davemiller
Huviline

Postitus Postitas davemiller »

Cool, thanks for tips! Hõbenool sounds like good option. If I change oils I want that it will be done using the flushing method. Do you know if they use BMW "original" oils by default or not?
coley
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: BMW

Postitus Postitas coley »

As far as i know they use factory recommended specification oils or equivalents. You can ask them and they will probably use the oil you want. Mind you the quantity of oil is quite big - mine was 15 liters before clean oil started coming out from the other end.
Kasutaja avatar
Henri.
Klubiliige - admin
Peamine sõiduk: 328 kuut
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Henri. »

davemiller kirjutas:Do you know if they use BMW "original" oils by default or not?
By default they use Fuchs oils (MB "original" oil), but bringing your own oil + filter is not frowned upon and also they can arrange for BMW original oil + filter on request.
Vasta