For English speaking users
Vasta
Poro
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: ///M

Estonian Vehicle law etc

Postitus Postitas Poro »

I have a couple of questions :)

1. If i paint my car different color, do I have to show this car ülevaatus office? If i must, what this cost for me?

2. If i chance wheels size 17" --> 19" or 20", do i have to show this car ülevaatus?

3. What law/police say if i tint front glass?
Kasutaja avatar
oriion
Huviline
Kontakt:

Re: Estonian Vehicle law etc

Postitus Postitas oriion »

1. I don't know if you have to show it, but you deffinitly have to change documents. Price is on http://www.mnt.ee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. No
3. No, it's not allowed
Karel
Huviline

Postitus Postitas Karel »

1. Yes, you have to show it in ARK, last year was price about 20eur (cost for new registration paper)
coley
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: BMW

Postitus Postitas coley »

Here's answers to your questions using the published regulation:

Mootorsõiduki ja selle haagise tehnonõuded ning nõuded varustusele
https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/116062011008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Technical requirements

For vehicles registered after 1997:
https://www.riigiteataja.ee/aktilisa/11 ... _lisa1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For vehicles registered before 1997:
https://www.riigiteataja.ee/aktilisa/11 ... _lisa2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question #1 - Yes!
Kood 603. Korrosioon ja välimus
2) kere korrosiooni, värvi jm kahjustus ei tohi olla suurem kui 5 cm2 ja 0,5 m2 pinnal ei tohi olla selliseid kohti üle kolme. Värvi parandused ei tohi oluliselt erineda sõiduki registreeritud värvist;
3) alarmsõidukile omaseid või neid matkivaid värviskeeme (välja arvatud üksnes põhivärvi kasutamisel) ja eritunnuseid on keelatud kasutada teistel sõidukitel;
2) A single body corrosion and paint damage must not be larger than 5 cm2. On a surface of 0,5 m2 the maximum amount of such disparities must not be over three. Paint repair patches must not be substantially different from the vehicles registered color.
3) Paint schemes and attributes inherent to alarm vehicles (e.g.: police, ambulance & etc) or those similar to the mentioned vehicles (except for base color) are forbidden for use on other vehicles.

Also note that changes in the owner or car data need to be registered at Maanteeamet.
"Muudatused omaniku või sõiduki andmetes, kasutaja lisamine või ärajätmine, registreerimismärgi vahetus"
State tax for this is €20 or €16 if you use the new Online service (https://eteenindus.mnt.ee/main.jsf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Question #2 - Depends on the situation! You must use wheels appointed by the vehicle manufacturer. If your the manual for your vehicle states that the wheel dimensions are 16", 17" and 18" then using wheels in any other size is in contradiction with the below regulation.
Kood 508. Üldnõuded veljele
Nõuded: 1) peab kasutama sõiduki valmistaja poolt ettenähtud ja ETRTO nõuetele vastavaid velgi;
2) veljel ei tohi olla vigastusi. Keelatud on kasutada keevitamisega remonditud või ümberehitatud (laiendatud, kitsendatud, vahetatud sisekilbiga jms) velge;
1) The wheel must be designated by the vehicle manufacturer and comply with ETRTO requirements.
2) The wheel must NOT have any damage. It is forbidden to use wheels that have been repaired by welding or have been modified (widened, narrowed & etc).

Kood 604. Kerest väljaulatuv osa (eksterjöör)
12) rattamutter või -polt, rumm, rehv ja ratta ilukapsel ei tohi ulatuda välja rõhtsa kere puutepinnaga piiratud alast. Erandjuhtumil, kui see on põhjendatud, peavad eelloetletud väljaulatuvate osade ümardusraadiused olema vähemalt 5 mm ja need ei tohi ulatuda välja rohkem kui 30 mm;
12) wheel nut or bolt, hub, tyre, or hubcap must not extend outside of the body shell. In special cases where reasoned - the mentioned parts radius of curvature must be at least 5mm and they must not extrude more than 30mm

Question #3 - No!
Kood 612. Klaasid
Nõuded: 1) tuuleklaasi läbipaistvus juhi vaateväljas ja tagumises asendis oleva juhiistme seljatoest eespool asuvate sõiduki külgakende läbipaistvus peab olema vähemalt 70%. Kui tagumises asendis oleva juhiistme seljatoest tagapool asuvate sõiduki külgakende läbipaistvus on alla 70%, peavad sõiduki mõlemal küljel olema peeglid.
1) The transparency of windshield and all windows forward of aft most position of the drivers seat must be at least 70%. If the windows behind aft most position of the drivers seat have a transparency less than 70%, the vehicle must have side mirrors on both sides.

I hope this helps!

Tõnis
Viimati muutis coley, 12.03.2014 22:15 07, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
Poro
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: ///M

Postitus Postitas Poro »

Ok,

I must check what my X5 say but i think 19" inches is ok :roll:

Thanks all :)
coley
Huviline
Peamine sõiduk: BMW

Postitus Postitas coley »

I'm pretty sure that X5 even had 20" wheels available as a factory optional equipment.

The sticker on the B-pillar behind the drivers door will show you the correct sizes if you don't happen to have the owners manual around.
Vasta